- Scaling & gutting removes 10-12% of gross weight (4.6kg whole salmon = 4.0kg nett weight).
- Salmon are blast-freezed immediately after processing in order to retain its ultimate freshness. Hence, only pre-frozen salmon are available for non-Friday deliveries.
- Chilled salmon option available for Friday delivery only. Pre-frozen salmon available on all available delivery days. Kindly leave a note on your preference upon checkout.
(If chilled salmon is preferred, kindly opt for Friday delivery. Else, no exchange/refund requests will be given. We appreciate your kind understanding.)
Our salmon fillets are generally boneless. Although it’s quite unlikely, please be reminded to watch out for a few stray bones in the meat.
- 除去鳞片及内脏后，毛重将减少约10-12%（例：4.6kg 毛重 = 4kg 准重）。
- Keep frozen if not consumed immediately
- After opening the package, kindly make sure the fish is handled with sterile utensil (knife, cutting board etc) before freezing.
- Can be stored up to 3 months for optimum quality, if frozen (-18°C)
- Not advisable to refreeze after thawing
Fjord Salmon trout is an exclusive fish and the name for fresh farm raised trout from Norway.
Fjord trout is genetically a smaller fish than salmon and has shorter fibers in the meat compared to salmon. This means that the Fjord trout meat becomes a little tenderer, and more velvety. Fjord trout also has leaner meat than salmon and a strong red color.
Salmon Trouts are raised in cold, clear fjords in western Norway, and one of the hatcheries is located by Folgefonna glacier which is around 10 000 year old. For one year the fish swims around in crystal clear water from the glacier before it is transferred to nearby fjords where it enjoys a combination of salty water from the sea and fresh water from the glacier. Thus, it has earned its name; Fjord Trout – Kissed by a Glacier.
Norway’s Industry-Leading Aquaculture
Norwegian Fjord Trout is ocean–farmed in Norway’s natural fjords—where rivers formed by water from glaciers and melted snow filter into the sea creating a less-salty basin. This provides Norwegian Fjord Trout with a unique, clean taste.
Certified Norwegian Fjord Trout Must:
- Be raised in the cold, clear waters of Norway
- Weigh over 4.4 pounds
- Have marbled, deep red flesh
- Be packed as soon as slaughtered
- Be stored and transported with an unbroken cold chain (at 32°F–39.2°F) until delivery
Norwegian Fjord Trout Is Safe to Consume Raw
Norwegian Fjord Trout is exempt from the freezing requirement for fish (US Food Code section 3-402.11) because it is an aquacultured fish, raised in net-pens in open water and fed formulated feed.
Lerøy Fjord Trout complies with the highest Quality Standard for Norwegian Fjord Trout (NS-9412-2010).
Global G.A.P IFA Aquaculture certification is available.
Season: Lerøy Fjord Trout is available all year round.
How To Make: Salmon Sashimi Bowl with Avocado
For quick sushi rice
- 1 cup (180 milliliters) uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Japanese rice vinegar (or Chinese white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the bowl
- 200 grams (7 ounces) fresh raw salmon, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 5 pieces dried nori, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sushi soy sauce (or light soy sauce) or to taste
- (optional) pinch of wasabi
- (optional) pinch of toasted sesame for garnish
To make sushi rice
- Add rice and water into a rice cooker and cook according to instructions.
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Stir well until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- When rice is cooked, transfer to and spread over a large plate. Swirl in the vinegar mixture slowly and use a spatula to mix well.
- Let rice sit until cool, 15 to 20 minutes.
To assemble the bowl
- Add rice into a small bowl, top with salmon, avocado and dried nori. Serve with sushi soy sauce and wasabi.
- Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1/8 teaspoon wasabi to a small dish, mix until wasabi is dissolved and blended into the soy sauce.
- Drizzle the sauce into the bowl according to taste and enjoy!
Also Try: Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Butter